Welcome to Jefferson County, the Heart of Drum Country!
Over 120,262 work and live in the county, the home of the 10th Mountain Division and Fort Drum. Jefferson County’s assets:
- Fastest growing County in New York State with a 3.5% increase in population since 2010.
- Daily direct flights from the Watertown International Airport to Chicago.
- Interstate I81 with direct access to Canada’s 401 via the 1000 Islands Bridge.
- A cost of living that is lower than the rest of the state and the national average.
- A low crime rate compared to the rest of the state.
- A higher than average percentage of high school and two-year college graduates leading to an educated, competent workforce.
EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
New Customs initiative: The Trusted Trader Program – October 30th
For details and registration, click here.
Safety Training Workshops - October 25 & November 22
For topics and registration, click here.